Essential Off-Roading Accessories
The beauty of buying a new 4×4 is that it is essentially a blank canvas. Manufacturers add enough features so that their cars are functional, but they certainly fall short if you are going to take your ride off road. Part of the reason for this is that we all have different needs and expectations for our utes. This is also why such a huge market has developed around after market Four-wheel drive accessories. But with so many things to choose from, it can be difficult to decide what upgrades are the most important. Here are a few items that are considered essential for overland tours.
- Skid Plate: A skid plate can help protect your oil sump and other breakable parts from rocks and debris. This is a part that should be included in the factory but never is.
- Bull Bars: Going through the brush can be murder on your paint and body panels. A good set of bull bars in Australia is essential kit, this and other bits of armour will increase the lifespan of your ute.
- Winch: When the day comes you need a winch, you will be ever so pleased you have one on your rig. Useful not only for getting yourself out of a fix but helping your mates out as well.
- Recovery Kit: When you are using that winch it is good to have a recovery kit. Inside it you should have a winch cable extension, extra straps, tree trunk protector, snatch block, snatch block shackles and gloves.
- Air Compressor: This used to be nearly impossible to bring along, due to the size. But these days there are portable compressors that are small but powerful, some are even rechargeable.
- Tire Repair Kit: Along with that air compressor, you are going to need something to patch up your tires. There are many tyre plug kits available, and they work very well. Repairs can be completed in minutes and you’ll be back on the road.
- Chocks: Sure, you can use a rock or a chunk of timber, but they don’t seem to be around when you need them. Making sure you have a nice set of chocks in your tray will pay off more than once.
- Jump Starter Kit: Our need for better smaller batteries has resulted in some wonderful devices, one of them is the portable jumpstart which is rechargeable. These little devices pack a lot of power and can get you rolling and then can be recharged again from your accessory socket.
The list can go on and on, of course, but these items here are going to be the most effective to keep you rolling across the landscape. You should also consider, a stout jack, a first aid kit, and a torch. And a box of tools wouldn’t hurt either. Enjoy yourself and stay safe.
Comments are closed.